Monday 2 March 2015

February 2015 | Favourites


It may be the 2nd of March, but I was determined to do a monthly favorites post. I enjoy reading and watching various others every month, and find even though they are all very similar I really can go through a fair few. So for the post to start off my new posting I thought I'd have a crack! 

I received a mini version of this eyeliner a midway through this month in a Birchbox and haven't used anything else since. It glides on incredibly smoothly, without pulling the eye at all, allowing for a really even application with a solid steady line. Because it doesn't pull the eye it also allows for product application along the lash line with ease. I received that black liner, but there are various other colours including Silver, Metallic Plum and Rose Gold (all of which sound rather tempting). You can blend out immediately after application for a smokey look, or leave it as a solid line which stays put for longer than any other liner I've tired. If you're looking for a liner I highly suggest you check this one out. 

Lots of exciting things are happening for the nail varnish company Ciate, a company I've loved for a long time and always find myself picking up. They're currently bringing out a makeup range, expanding their already vast nail varnish collection, along with new nail products all the time. Their newest nail collection is a selection of nail treatments, including Nail Super Hero, a strengthening base. Since I switched from acrylic nails to my own natural ones I had a slight problem with bending on a couple of nails. This product, being a new one by a company I tried seemed a good one to try as a remedy. The suggested usage is two coats twice a week, under other varnishes or alone, which I've been doing consistently. Usually I'm dubious about things like this, but I truly love it! The nails I had problems with bending are much straighter and healthier, and the healthy ones in the first place are much stronger now. I'll definitely be picking another one up. 

With Comic Relief approaching fast Rimmel London are showing their support with a new by Kate lipstick. The colour is meant to mirror that of the classic red noses sold around the time. Always one for colour coordination I picked this up to try out. The standard Rimmel lipstick price includes a donation (of around £1.64) to the Comic Relief charity, which is first of all a good thing. Secondly, look at the packaging! I love a good quirky design, which this certainly is. It is a lovely bright red colour, great for this time of year, and has relatively good staying power. And who doesn't want to show support after all? 

Speaking of beautiful packaging, all I have to say is Benefit, who we all know are are queens of beautiful makeup packaging. Their newest launch, a rare treat, is a mascara. Since I'm pretty sure everyone has heard of Roller Lash, I won't go on about it or explain it in great depth, but I will say something. It's wonderful. I tend to steer clear of plastic brushes, but the shape of this one makes it much less annoying to use. It's very separating and curling, without leaving horrible clumpy bits. The hype is certainly justified!

Korres Guava Lip Butter 

I'm more of a lip balm than butter person as I'm not such a fan of very glossy lips. I did however pick this up on a very chapped lipped whim, and apparently what right to do so! It has a very pleasant smell (though I've never smelled a guava before so I'm not sure how accurate), and although a creamy colour is translucent on the lips. There isn't too much sheen, and it leaves my lips feeling smooth and hydrated. Korres also offers up tinted versions of various colours and scents too.

Now after that monstrously lengthy post, let's hope this month is as good for products too! What are your favorite February bits and pieces?

Cheerio! x

No comments :

Post a Comment