Saturday 14 March 2015

The Chia Co. Oats + Chia | Food


2015 for me is the year of health and fitness (so I've decided), and as of yet it has been going rather well! The plan is to tone up and get generally a little more fit, and part of that plan is food. I got this product in a Birchbox recently and gave it a go a couple of days ago, and it being a health food decided to give it a review (as things that are yummy and aren't profusely sugar filled are few and far between sometimes). 


First of all I am guilty of being a breakfast skipper at times (meaning more often than not). It's such an inconvenient meal! I'd rather have a little more sleep and a brunch meal, but at the weekend when I have a little more time I do enjoy grabbing a bite in the morning, these oats therefore appear to be quite a good choice! Being entirely natural (and vegan, if that is what floats your boat), there are no nastiness to worry about. A combination of wholegrain oats, chia seeds, coconut sugar, mixed berries and coconut oil means it is nice and sweet with natural sugars, and is tasty and filling! Also by using water instead of milk the calories are kept down to 188 (again, if calorie counting is your scene). 


Above is what the oats look like prior to being cooked, and I was pleasantly surprised. I've found when buying oats with "fruit" in before that I have been disappointed by no actual fruit being inside. But as you can see this is rather berry packed! So to make this breakfast you follow simple porridge style instructions. All you have to do is tip the content of the package into a bowl, then fill the package up to the line with water, and microwave for a minute. How could it possibly be any easier?! The water as oppose to milk aspect concerned me a little though, as there was great potential for that to result in blandness, but no! I think because it is full of real fruit bits the flavour is much more amped up and yummy. 


A very porridge like consistency the oats and chia are brilliant for this time of year when it is still rather chilly in the morning. Health benefits are also included, due to the coconut oil, fueling so you feel full until lunchtime. 

Overall a fruity, quick and tasty breakfast. If you're going on a health kick this year I suggest you give it a go! 

Cherrio! x 

No comments :

Post a Comment