Sunday 15 March 2015

Ted Baker Nail Wraps Reveiw and Tips | Makeup


Now first of all I have to say I am very sorry, I am about to get overexcited about a product that is no longer available. I got these Ted Baker wraps around Christmas and am not sure if they are a seasonal product but certainly cannot find them for love nor money now. Rather disappointing! I didn't even take a photo of them all packaged up for you, but I love them so much and really wanted to make a post. Here is to hoping they bring out some more this year!


Firstly I really love the pattern. Recently I have become rather infatuated with botanical floral prints (aka. have recently purchased various clothing items in the pattern) and then remembered I had these nestled away!

I was firstly a little concerned as I have tried nail wraps before and it did not go as planned... I followed the instructions to the tee and still ended up with that strange wrinkly look they sometimes get. Because of that when I tired these out I wasn't really hoping for the best, but loved the pattern and had to hope. It seems to have worked rather well though!

I firstly removed my previous nail varnish with a Ciate Chocolate Pot, one of the swirly nail varnish remover pots, this particular one leaves your finger tips smelling of chocolate too which is rather pleasant.

Then I washed my hands and scrubbed out my nails using a Crabtree and Evelyn nail scrubbing brush and Johnsons Baby Shampoo. I use this for the same reason I and many others use it on makeup brushes. It is soft and natural so doesn't strip my nails, yet washes them clean.

I then filed my nails down and used a base coat of Ciate Nail Super Hero. I'm not sure whether wraps require a base, but I really do not like going without them as my natural nails are fairly long so demand quite a lot of care.

I then applied the nail wraps by placing them in line with my cuticle, pressing them down, and filing the ends away. I recommend you file in a downward motion angling the file underneath your nail, so as not to file off any of you nail while still removing all the excess wrap (you can also trim them down first before applying).

Finally I used Rimmel London Finishing Touches Ultra Shine Top Coat (whoo, that's a mouthful) to seal them. Having read up a little though make sure you don't use a fast dry top coat as this can make them go awfully wrinkly, evidently a non desirable result. I also made sure to do a couple of extra layers around the tips to really ensure they don't start to peel away too soon. So far so good! I've only been wearing them 2 days but no signs of wear and tear (literally) just yet.


As you can see they apply incredibly smoothly, and don't add bulkiness to the nails. The pattern is also beautiful, I know I keep saying it, but it is true! The only issue I have with them is my fault too, I didn't apply them quite as close to the cuticle as I really needed to, so I maybe won't get as much wear out of them as I could. Saying that lets hope they bring out another lovely set this year! I am kicking myself a little for not buying more when I had the chance...

All the best and,
Cheerio! x 

No comments :

Post a Comment