Friday 6 March 2015

March 2015 Habitat Birchbox | Review


It is the exciting time of the month once more when Birchboxes are falling on the doorsteps of UK residents! In case you were interested here are all the exciting goodies I found in mine!


First of all this month Birchbox created their theme Do Try This at Home, in collaboration with the home store Habitat hence the beautiful box. This included a do-it-yourself sample where you chose one of Benefit's 3 mascaras to try out along with all the other samples! 


I spoke about this in my monthly favourites post, so was rather excited when it came up as one of the chose your own sample options. Straight away I snapped it up to keep my Roller Lash sample use going for as long as possible. Plus it looks beautiful, even the sample. I also snapped a picture of the applicator brush as I hadn't included one in my favourites. 


The curved brush I feel really helps with ease of application and even though the bristles are a little rubbery they don't seem to drag like some others do. Starting at £19.50 it is certainly not the cheapest mascara, but I would certainly give it a go!


This perfume is a Birchbox exclusive, and I believe most subscribers received one this month. It has rather musky top notes, but finishes with a pleasant citrus zing. Although lovely smelling the full sized bottle is a little disappointing design wise. I feel as though I often enjoy the bottles as much as the scent itself, but find this particular bottle a little underwhelming. 


I have gotten various Philip Kingsley products from Birchbox, and I have enjoyed them all, so for this I have high hopes! Being a big sufferer of major hair frizz this could be a very handy product to have. I will report back!


I'm not sure I've heard of this brand before, but who can say no to relaxing bath things (unless you haven't a bath I suppose). I was a little surprised that there is no scent to the salts as these things are usually spritzed with lavender or like, but they seem pleasant enough. I am not sure that I can say much more about them until I try them out, but they are apparently moisturizing and 100% natural.


I'm not really a bronzer person, as I am so pale I feel it makes me look a little washed out, though if I did I think this would be it! 


There is no shimmer to it, so it isn't the kind of product that makes you feel a little disco ball-esque... It is a matte powder consistency and looks as though it would glide on rather well, and having applied it with my finger onto my hand (I know, incredibly professional) has a nice level of blend. 


Finally this month's box had all sorts of extra lifestyle bits and pieces within. First of all there is a little update letter and product list (letting you know sizes and prices of the things received), and a set of information cards almost like a magazine. I really enjoy the cards, they are themed to each month and are full of all sorts of tips, tricks and activities. This one included finding your perfect mascara and home scents. Also this month was a lovely little Birchbox/Habitat notebook in red, with plain pages, a rather lovely addition. There is also an exclusive 20% of Habitat code, hints about upcoming Birchboxes, and a chapter sample of a book by Penny Vincenzi.

Overall this month I'd say 4 out of 5 stars! Wonderful amounts of extra lifestyle bits and pieces, but the fact there were no full sized products as there usually is was a little disappointing. I did however really enjoy the pick your own sample section.

Have a lovely day!
Cheerio x 

No comments :

Post a Comment